Friday, May 17, 2013

Quick Yeast Rolls



There are few things I love more than a warm yeast roll straight out of the oven. I decided to try my hand at them for the first time this week and loved this quick recipe I found on Pinterest. Many recipes I came across were going to require a couple hours of prep and rising before baking, and considering I decided to make these about an hour before dinner, I just didn't have that kind of time. But these quick rolls were just what I was looking for and were AMAZING!


Quick Yeast Rolls
Yield: 1 dozen rolls

  • 1 cup + 2T warm water
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2T active dry yeast
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3 1/2 cups flour, sifted

Preheat oven to 400F. Mix water, oil, yeast, and sugar in bowl of electric mixer and then let rest for 15 minutes. Add the salt and egg, mix thoroughly. Gradually add the sifted flour. Once mixed, remove the dough from the bowl and place on a floured surface. The dough will be very sticky, so make sure you have flour on your hands as well. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces, and shape into round balls. Place on a greased baking sheet and let rise for 15 minutes. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. I also used a pastry brush to top mine with a little melted butter.

Credit: http://www.honeyandbutter.com/bread/30-minute-dinner-rolls

2 comments:

  1. I just made these as a last minute thought for Thanksgiving. They look beautiful. You would never know they only need a 15 minute rise. I won't be eating one until dinner, but how can they be bad??? Thanks for this speedy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you sift enough flour to make 3 and a half cups or do you put 3 and a half cups into the sifter?

    ReplyDelete

nRelate