Monday, July 8, 2013

Crockpot Chex Mix


Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great 4th of July. David and I had a wonderful weekend at the lake with his family, and now I'm in Nashville for a week to visit my family. And after my 7 hour drive turned into a 10 hour drive yesterday because of traffic, I am VERY happy to be here!

I made some really easy & tasty treats last week to share at the lake, so I'll be sharing those throughout this week. First recipe up is this Crockpot Chex Mix! It was the first time I've made homemade chex mix in the crockpot, but it was so easy and it left the oven free for me to make other things. It also allowed me to make a lot more at one time instead of just being able to fill single baking sheets. This will definitely be the way I make it from now on!



I made all my snacks last week gluten free so the whole family would be able to enjoy them. But you could just substitute regular pretzels & bagel chips instead. 

For this recipe, you'll need: rice chex cereal, corn chex cereal, bagel chips, mixed nuts, pretzels, onion powder, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, unsalted butter, salt & sugar.


Add 4 cups of rice chex & 4 cups of corn chex to a crockpot.


Add 4 cups of pretzels to the crockpot.


Add 2 cups of bagel chips.


Add 1 cup of mixed nuts.


Melt 6 tablespoons of butter & 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in 2 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of onion powder & 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.


Pour mixture over ingredients in crockpot.


Stir chex mix until coated.


Cook on low for 2.5 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.


When the chex mix is done cooking, spread it out to cool. Store in an air-tight container.


Crockpot Chex Mix
Yield: 15 cups
  • 4 cups rice chex cereal
  • 4 cups corn chex cereal
  • 4 cups pretzels (GF)
  • 2 cups bagel chips (GF)
  • 1 cup mixed nuts
  • 6 T unsalted butter
  • 2 T worcestershire sauce (GF)
  • 2 t salt
  • 2 t garlic powder
  • 1 t onion powder
  • 1/2 t sugar

Add first 5 ingredients to a crockpot. Melt the butter & worcestershire sauce in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in salt, garlic powder, onion powder & sugar. Pour mixture over ingredients in crockpot. Mix well until chex mix is coated. Cook on low for 2.5 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. When the chex mix is done cooking, spread it out to cool. Store in an air-tight container.


Adapted from Snapguide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate