Monday, July 1, 2013

Kitchen Tips: Slicing a Watermelon


I came across this tip recently, and couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it myself! We love buying watermelon during the summer, but I hate having to cut the rind off each piece. I tried this new way of slicing up my watermelon and I couldn't believe how much faster it was.



You'll need 1 watermelon, a large cutting board, chef knife & container for the chopped watermelon.


Cut off both ends so it can stand on it's end.


Use a large knife to slice along the sides of the watermelon to remove the rind. 


Keep working around the entire watermelon until all of the rind is removed.


Cut the watermelon in half.


Place one half of the watermelon flesh-side down on the cutting board. Cut the watermelon into 1-inch slices.


Make the same cuts in the opposite direction across the watermelon.


Repeat with the other half of your watermelon & you're done!


Place your chopped watermelon in a sealed container and store in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate