Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Chewy M&M Cookies


Whew. It's been a week already. I've definitely not had a chance to post recipes like I would've liked, but I thought I'd share one that I made today. Sorry for the lack of pictures. I realized right before I got started that my camera was out of batteries. Hope you enjoy!

I couple notes about this recipe. I love using all brown sugar in my cookies because you end up with thicker, chewier cookies. Granulated sugar tends to make cookies flat & crunchy. Also, using baking powder instead of baking soda will make your cookies puff up more while baking and produce a more "cake-like" result. So it's all about preference. I love thick, chewy cookies so I use all brown sugar & baking powder. 



M&M Cookies
Yield: 1 dozen

  • 1 cup + 2T all-purpose flour, sifted
  • 1 stick of butter, softened
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/2 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 cup M&M's

In a medium bowl, combine the sifted flour, salt & baking powder. 

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter & brown sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and egg, beating well to combine. Slowly mix in the flour mixture. Use a spatula to fold the M&M's into the batter. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with non-stick baking mats or coat with non-stick cooking spray. Remove dough from fridge and use a cookie scoop or spoon to roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate