Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Monograms & Margaritas Shower


This past weekend my mom & I threw a wedding shower for my future sister-in-law. We picked a really fun theme, Monograms & Margaritas, and had a great time planning everything. Michael & Meagan are getting married in November, and this was their first shower, so we had a wonderful time kicking off their wedding events!




We held the shower at my parents' house, outside around their pool.


These beautiful flowers came from Trader Joe's. They always have the best AND cheapest flowers.


My mom used the flowers we got from Trader Joe's to make these arrangements for the tables.


A view of the tables set up around the pool. The cute cookie favors were made by my friend, Ashley, at Baked by Ash.


Pavilion out by the pool where we placed the gifts.


Fun monogrammed gifts!


Our Margarita Bar & Izze drinks


Blood Orange, Traditional & Pink Lemonade Margaritas


We made this cute Cupcake Bar for dessert. I made chocolate & vanilla cupcakes, and then we set out different toppings for the girls to use. We made this cupcake stand ourselves too! All you need is some cheap plates, 2 candle sticks & a hot glue gun. 


Mango Salsa, Homemade Guacamole, Chips & Fruit


A close-up of the cute cookies we used as favors.


I loved getting to meet Meagan's mom & sister this weekend. Here's a picture of Meagan's sister, Maurie and I with the cute bride in the middle.


I'm so thankful for these two. Kimberly (left) has been my best friend since kindergarden, and Rachel (right) is one of my best friends from college. I was so excited that Rachel drove in from Atlanta to spend the weekend with me while I was in town. I miss these two!


Time for presents! 


Meagan opening her gifts.


She got so many cute monogrammed gifts. Thanks to all the girls for coming out to celebrate Michael & Meagan with us! We had such a fun time and can't wait until the wedding in November!


Check out these great margarita recipes I used for our party:


No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate