Monday, September 16, 2013

Easy Apple Cider Muffins


It's been a busy month around the Sage house, hence the lack of posts, but I'm excited to get back to sharing some of my favorite recipes with you all! I love making these muffins in the Fall, and with apple season beginning, I thought this would be a great recipe to share this week.



This past Friday I made a trip to my favorite local orchard to pick up some honey crisp apples & fresh apple cider. We love to go pick our own apples at Tanner's Orchard in the Fall, and I couldn't wait to get some of my favorites (honey crisp) while they are in season. I am also LOVING this Fall weather that we're finally getting!


Easy Apple Cider Muffins
Yield: 1 dozen muffins

  • 2 cups self-rising flour, sifted
  • 1 cup apple cider
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 6 T melted butter
  • 1 cup diced apples 
  • 1/2 t cinnamon
  • 1/2 t nutmeg
  • Cinnamon sugar 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the diced apples with a little brown sugar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until apples are softened. In a large bowl combine the sifted flour, cinnamon, nutmeg & softened apples. Toss until evenly coated. Stir in the apple cider, melted butter & egg until blended. Spoon the batter into a greased muffin pan (or use muffin liners). Sprinkle the top of each muffin with cinnamon sugar. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate